Recipe for aubergines (eggplants) or zucchini (courgettes) with Yogurt souce
This recipe has two variants – with aubergines (eggplants) or zucchini (courgettes). The only difference is that if you use aubergines (eggplants), you must drain the bitter juice before cooking.
- 2-3 aubergines (eggplants) or 2-3 zucchini (courgettes)
- 400 grams of yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves
- Olive or vegetable oil
- Lemon juice
- Clean and wash the aubergines (eggplants) or zucchini (courgettes). Cut them into strips
- Arrange the sliced vegetables in a strainer and salt them.
- If you use aubergines (eggplants) for the recipe, leave them to stand for half an hour, then drain the bitter juice and dry them
- Heat the oil in a frying pan
- Fry the vegetables on both sides until golden
- Mix yogurt in a deep pan and add the chopped garlic, salt, the dill and the lemon juice
- When the vegetables are ready, pour them with the yogurt sauce