In his works one of the founders of modern immunology – the famous Russian scientist Ilya Mechnikov, finds a connection between the longevity of the Bulgarian people and the consumption of original Bulgarian yogurt. He strongly emphasizes that Lactobacillus bulgaricus, bacteria occurring naturally in Bulgaria, is the only bacterium that never does any harm to the human body. Thanks to Lactobacillus bulgaricus Bulgarian yogurt is a natural probiotic with major beneficial impact on people health and longevity.
Some of the health benefits of Bulgarian yogurt:
– Bulgarian yogurt makes the intestinal microflora unfavorable of developing pathogenic microorganisms. Scientists are convinced that the consumption of Bulgarian yogurt stimulate the synthesis of mucins, which increases the physical barrier of the intestines against pathogens.
– Bulgarian yogurt stimulates the immune system not only in the intestinal microflora, but the whole organism. The natural probiotic increases the amount of cytokines, lymphocytes and natural killer cells as well as the synthesis of gamma interferon, which blocks the propagation of viruses.
– Extremely important feature of the Bulgarian yogurt is that the lactic acid fermentation in it synthesizes compounds with antitumor activity. French scientific surveys showed that people who consumed Bulgarian yogurt daily reduced the risk of getting colon cancer.
– Bulgarian yogurt is an essential source of biologically absorbable calcium to the body. World statistics show that it delivers 75% of daily needs.
– Regular consumption of Bulgarian yogurt in your daily diet leads to reduced risk of osteoporosis, especially in individuals who are unable to digest the lactose in milk. Calcium in Bulgarian yogurt plays an essential role in protecting the body from intestinal diseases.
– Bulgarian yogurt contains large amounts of live and active bacterial cells of Lactobacillus bulgaricus and Streptococcus thermophilus, and due to the degradation of about 30% of the lactose during the fermentation the digestion of lactose improves. Conducted numerous scientific experiments indicate that Bulgarian yogurt is far more effective tool against bad digestion of lactose than milk fermented with Bifidobacteria and Lactobacillus acidophilus. Scientists claim that there is a close relationship between dietary biologically absorbable calcium and blood pressure. Therefore, Bulgarian yogurt is especially useful for people with high blood pressure and lactose intolerance.
– In addition to valuable health benefits, Bulgarian yogurt is a product with high nutritional value. Lactic acid improves motility of the duodenum, small intestine and colon. Bulgarian yogurt is more easily digestible than milk and contains elevated levels of free amino acids.
Scientists are certain – Bulgarian yogurt is irreplaceable product and biologically effective way of strengthening human health and longevity.
There are different varieties of yogurt available in the market and the most of them contain many artificial ingredients and additives. If you prefer to use authentic and organic Bulgarian yogurt, the best way to get it is to prepare it by yourself at home using natural Bulgarian yogurt culture. The original Bulgarian yogurt is produced from live bacteria – Lactobacillus bulgaricus in the combination with Streptococcus thermophilus.
However, if you do not like to eat it, there are many ways to take advantage of Bulgarian yogurt qualities as beauty care. Read more here