Classic recipe for preparation of Tarator – Bulgarian cold soup
Taratator is traditional Bulgarian cold soup, most consumed at the summer, because of its cooling and refreshing effects, but it is also consumed all year long in adidition to the daily meal or as a drink.
Its preparation takes no more than 5 minutes.
- 500 grams of yogurt
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 100-200 ml of water (or depending on the density of the soup that you prefer)
- Mix the yogurt
- Dilute theyogurt with cold water.
- Add the cucumbers, cut into small cubes or shredded (as you prefer) and oil.
- Add chopped dill
- Add chopped garlic.
- Add salt
- Mix well and leave it for a short time in the refrigerator.
- Before serving sprinkle the soup with walnuts (optional).